College Admissions Requirements
This section covers only the 4-year college admissions requirements. For other higher education institutions, please refer to the Classroom Counseling Lessons.
Most undergraduate (4-year) colleges have similar requirements. Fremont counselors focus on the public UC/CSU admission requirements, often known as one of the most comprehensive requirements nationwide. If you are interested in 4-year private colleges, be sure to check their individual websites for any additional requirements.
COVID-19 PANDEMIC UPDATE for SENIORS
COVID-19 PANDEMIC UPDATE for SENIORS: 9/18/2020
About SAT/ACT: Seniors (Class of '21): SAT/ACT test scores submission are now optional for UC and CSU. You will not be penalized if you don't submit a score. If you are considering private universities, check the colleges' websites for updates. Counselors still encourage you to take the tests. Scholarships and some private universities may still require test scores.
About GPA: Applying to CSU? The Multifactor criteria are new this year. If your A-G GPA is lower than 2.50, you must complete the multifactor criteria requirements.
About EI: Some CSU will still use the Eligibility Index (EI). However, the EI formula will look different at each campus. Check the campus website for more information. UC will use the holistic approach as outlined in the Selection Critieria this year.
Example of CSU Eligibility Index (CSULB): https://www.csulb.edu/admissions/freshmen-eligibility-index
RESOURCES / OFFICIAL LINKS
- Click here for the UC/CSU approved "A-G" COURSE LIST
- Click here to learn how to calculate the A-G GPA
- Click here for UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQ)
- Optional this year (20-21):
APPLICATION LINKS, GUIDES, & WORKSHEETS
Application Links, Guides & Worksheets:
- Link to CSU application: Cal State Apply
- Link to UC application: Filling Out the Application
- Link to (most) private colleges/universities applications: The Common App
- Link to CA community colleges application: CCCApply
- For other colleges/universities, please visit their individual websites.