COLLEGE Information

Most undergraduate (4-year) colleges have similar requirements.  Fremont counselors focus on the public UC/CSU admission requirements, often known as one of the most comprehensive requirements nationwide.  If you are interested in 4-year private colleges, be sure to check their individual websites for any additional requirements.
The California State University (CSU): a public 4-yr. university system consisting of 23 campuses across the state of California.
Private 4-year Colleges & Universities: Independent institutions (for-profit or non-profit) that set their own policies and goals, and are privately funded.
HBCU is identified as:  any historically black college or university that was established prior to 1964, whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americans, and that is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association.
The UC and CSU have decided to suspend the SAT/ACT requirements until further notice.
If you plan to apply to private colleges/universities, check their individual websites to learn which schools require/do not require SAT/ACT.
Counselors still encourage you to take the PSAT/SAT/ACT during your Junior year.  Submitting test scores can only enhance your college application; no points will be deducted.  Plus, some scholarships may still require test scores as one of the eligibility requirements.
California Community Colleges (CCC): 2-year public institutions consisting of 116 colleges offering Certificates to Associate's Degree and Transfer Track to four-year colleges/universities.  Mt.SAC is Fremont Academy's "feeder" campus.
  NOTE: Mt.SAC Outreach counselor will be on campus to help you apply for Mt.SAC.  Do not start ahead.  For other campuses, you may apply after the Mt.SAC application period.
Career Education (aka Career Technical Education): educational programs specializing in skills trade to prepare adults for employment, career enhancement or career advancement.
The Military: consists of six branches
Interested in the Military? Start by visiting the CAREER CENTER (room P-5) and ask to speak to a recruiter.